BORDER NEWS WATCH 10_05_12
budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should
be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and
the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE USE OF THIS
NEWS WATCH ARE NOW LOCATED AT
THE END OF THE DOCUMENT...
FAST AND FURIOUS
5 Things You Didn't Know About Operation Fast and Furious
Reality of 'Fast and Furious' revealed
White House Fast and Furious 'link' conveniently gone
DHS/DEA/CBP/ICE/BORDER PATROL NEWS
Slain border patrol agent worked a well-worn drug-smuggling corridor
Authorities face tough territory in border probe
NRA Endorses Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan Ticket
STRATFOR: TERRORISM TRADECRAFT
U.N. Agency Reassures: We Just Want to Break the Internet, Not Take it Over
BIG BROTHER WATCH
HD CCTV technology risks breaching human rights
ARCHIVE: PREVIOUS POSTS
Republicans: DHS ‘attempting to conceal information from the American people’ about immigrant welfare policies
The Scope Of The War
FAST AND FURIOUS ARCHIVE: PREVIOUS POSTS
Filmmaker creates full-blown re-enactment of Brian Terry’s Fast and Furious murder (VIDEO)
5 Things You Didn’t Know About Fast and Furious
Key Findings in OIG Fast and Furious Report
DOJ OIG REPORT: A REVIEW OF ATF's OPERATION FAST AND FURIOUS
AND RELATED MATTERS
FAST AND FURIOUS WEAPONS RECOVERIES:
GRAPHIC: Patrolling the U.S.-Mexico border:
BORDER PATROL STRATEGIC PLAN
2012-2016: BORDER PATROL STRATEGIC PLAN- THE
10 Reasons Mitt Will Win
SELECTED WEBSITES OF INTEREST
NATIONAL ASSOCIATION of FORMER BORDER PATROL OFFICERS
SOUTHERN ARIZONA CATTLEMEN'S WEEKLY
HUMAN AND DRUG TRAFFIC LAW ENFORCEMENT MATTERS
NEWS AND DISCUSSION OF U.S./MEXICO BORDER ISSUES:
SELECTED BORDER NEWS & FAST AND FURIOUS POSTINGS ON SACPA WEBSITE
cellars of the night, when the mind starts moving around old trunks
of bad times, the pain of this and the shame of that, the memory of a small
boldness is a hand to hold. -John Leonard, critic (1939-2008)
Most links in the future will be "tinyurls"
which should open with a single or
double click or, alternatively, can be copied and pasted into your browser window.
To copy and paste, you will need to highlight the entire tinyurl with your cursor then
copy and paste it into your browser window. Control C is the command "copy" and
Control V is the command "paste" or you can use copy and paste from your edit menu
at the top of your email program.
When you just click on long, two-line links the second line of the link may not be active
and you will get an error message saying the link is not active.
REPAIRING LINKS: If the long link does not work, check it in your browser window for
spaces between characters after you paste it into your browser window. If these are
found, they will often be at the place where the text changes color or the second line
begins. Put your cursor on the space and delete it and try again. It should work if you
found and deleted them all.
10 YEARS ON THE LINE: MY WAR ON THE BORDER: 2nd EDITION by Mike Ligon http://tinyurl.com/8evcncy
SIXTY MILES OF BORDER: AN AMERICAN LAWMAN BATTLES DRUGS ON THE MEXICAN BORDER by Terry Kirkpatrick
BOOK: Beneath the Same Sky: An Interview with Author David Ramirez http://tinyurl.com/8sxlanv
OTHER BOOKS TO CONSIDER:
Wolves At Our Door a novel by JPS Brown (http://www.jpsbrown-horseman.com/works.htm)
Hard Measures: How Aggressive CIA Actions After 9/11 Saved American Lives by Jose A. Rodriguez
The Devil We Know: Dealing with the New Iranian Superpower by Robert Baer
"Courting Disaster", How the CIA
2010 BOOK: Migra!:
A History of the
SPACE EXPLORATION NEWS:
MARS ROVER CURIOSITY NEWS
Mars Rover Ready to Scoop Sand: Big Pic
Today on Mars:
LUNAR RECONAISSANCE ORBITER NEWS
Scientists: lunar ice could lurk beyond the moon's poles
OTHER SPACE NEWS:
Scientists Eye 'Space Boat' to Explore Saturn's Moon, Titan
1) Only in America, could
politicians talk about the greed of the rich at a $35,000.00 a plate campaign
2) Only in America, could people claim that the government still discriminates against black Americans when they have a black President, a black Attorney General, and roughly 18% of the federal workforce is black while only 12% of the population is black.
3) Only in America, could they have had the two people most responsible for our tax code, Timothy Geithner, the head of the Treasury Department and Charles Rangel who once ran the Ways and Means Committee, BOTH turn out to be tax cheats who are in favor of higher taxes.
4) Only in America, can they have terrorists kill people in the name of Allah and have the media primarily react by fretting that Muslims might be harmed by the backlash.
5) Only in America, would they make people who want to legally become American citizens wait for years in their home countries and pay tens of thousands of dollars for the privilege while we discuss letting anyone who sneaks into the country illegally just 'magically' become American citizens.
6) Only in America, could the people who believe in balancing the budget and sticking by the country's Constitution be thought of as "extremists."
7) Only in America, could you need to present a driver's license to cash a check or buy alcohol, but not to vote.
8) Only in America, could people demand the government investigate whether oil companies are gouging the public because the price of gas went up when the return on equity invested in a major U.S. oil company (Marathon Oil) is less than half of a company making tennis shoes (Nike).
9) Only in America, could the government collect more tax dollars from the people than any nation in recorded history,still spend a Trillion dollars more than it has per year - for total spending of $7-Million PER MINUTE, and complain that it doesn't have nearly enough money.