BORDER NEWS WATCH 12_08_2012
To be removed from our mailing lists, simply REPLY to this message, type the word REMOVE, then SEND the message.
To be added to our mailing lists, simply REPLY to this message, type the word SUBSCRIBE, then SEND the message __________________________________________________ _________________
Scroll down to see news links from www.Need2No.US at the end of the “Current News” section...
"Certainly one of the chief guarantees of freedom under any government, no matter how popular and respected, is the right of citizens to keep and bear arms. ... the right of citizens to bear arms is just one more guarantee against arbitrary government, and one more safeguard against a tyranny which now appears remote in America, but which historically has proved to be always possible." - Sen. Hubert Humphrey
IMPACTS of ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION
ILW.COM: IMMIGRATION DAILY
DHS: 2012 NOC Media Monitoring Initiative Privacy Compliance Review
VIDEOS: NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC BORDER WARS
ISRAEL’S IRON DOME MISSILE DEFENSE
NEW YORK TIMES’ “USEFUL IDIOCY” LIVETH...
CYBER SECURITY: HACKING THE HACKERS
UK codebreakers stumped by WWII pigeon message
INTERNET CONTROL NEWS
MARS ROVER CURIOSITY
"Make your attacker advance through a wall of bullets. I may get killed with my own gun, but he's gonna have to beat me to death with it, cause it's gonna be empty."
Clint Smith, President and Director of Thunder Ranch®, is a Marine Corps veteran of two infantry and
Combined Action Platoon tours in Vietnam. His experience includes seven years as a police officer during
which he served as head of the Firearms Training Division as well as being a S.W.A.T. member and
News links from www.Need2No.US:
This from historian and research associate, “AZ Joe”:
to give a brief history of Israel as it plays a prominent role in the middle
east and with everything going on at the UN, Syria and Egypt, we need to be
informed even if the UN and others say Israel has taken land not their own.
1. Nationhood and Jerusalem: Israel became a nation in 1312 BC, two thousand (2000) years before the rise of Islam.
2. Arab refugees in Israel began identifying themselves as part of a Palestinian people in 1967, two decades after the establishment of the modern State of Israel.
3. Since the Jewish conquest in 1272 BC, the Jews have had dominion over the land for one thousand (1000) years with a continuous presence in the land for the past 3,300 years.
4. The only Arab dominion since the conquest in 635 lasted no more than 22 years.
5. For over 3,300 years, Jerusalem has been the Jewish capital. Jerusalem has never been the capital of any Arab or Muslim entity. Even when the Jordanians occupied Jerusalem , they never sought to make it their capital, and Arab leaders
did not come to visit.
6. Jerusalem is mentioned over 700 times in Tanach, the Jewish Holy Scriptures. Jerusalem is not mentioned even once in the Koran.
7. King David founded the city of Jerusalem. Mohammed never came to Jerusalem.
8. Jews pray facing Jerusalem. Muslims pray with their backs toward Jerusalem.
9. Arab and Jewish Refugees: in 1948 the Arab refugees were encouraged to leave Israel by Arab leaders promising to purge the land of Jews. Sixty-eight percent left (many in fear of retaliation by their own brethren, the Arabs), without ever seeing an Israeli soldier. The ones who stayed were afforded the same peace, civility, and citizenship rights as everyone else.
10. The Jewish refugees were forced to flee from Arab lands due to Arab brutality, persecution and pogroms.
11. The number of Arab refugees who left Israel in 1948 is estimated to be around 630,000. The number of Jewish refugees from Arab lands is estimated to be the same.
12. Arab refugees were INTENTIONALLY not absorbed or integrated into the Arab lands to which they fled, despite the vast Arab territory. Out of the 100,000,000 refugees since World War II, theirs is the only refugee group in the world that has never been absorbed or integrated into their own people's lands. Jewish refugees were completely absorbed into Israel , a country no larger than the state of New Jersey ...
13. The Arab-Israeli Conflict: the Arabs are represented by eight separate nations, not including the Palestinians. There is only one Jewish nation. The Arab nations initiated all five wars and lost. Israel defended itself each time and won.
14. The PLO's Charter still calls for the destruction of the State of Israel. Israel has given the Palestinians most of the West Bank land, autonomy under the Palestinian Authority, and has supplied them.
15. Under Jordanian rule, Jewish holy sites were desecrated and the Jews were denied access to places of worship. Under Israeli rule, all Muslim and Christian sites have been preserved and made accessible to people of all faiths.
16. The UN Record on Israel and the Arabs: of the 175 Security Council resolutions passed before 1990, 97 were directed against Israel.
17. Of the 690 General Assembly resolutions voted on before 1990, 429 were directed against Israel .
18. The UN was silent while 58 Jerusalem synagogues were destroyed by the Jordanians.
19. The UN was silent while the Jordanians systematically desecrated the ancient Jewish cemetery on the Mount of Olives .
20. The UN was silent while the Jordanians enforced an apartheid-like a policy of preventing Jews from visiting the Temple Mount and the Western Wall.
21. The UN voted to enhance the Palestinians presence at the UN General Assembly in violation of the Oslo Accords where Palestinians agreed to not seek statehood.
Netanyahu at his best at a recent news interview
Even those who aren't particularly sympathetic to Israel's Benjamin Netanyahu, could get a good measure of satisfaction from this interview with British Television during the retaliation against Hamas' shelling of Israel.
The interviewer asked him: "How come so many more Palestinians have been killed in this conflict than Israelis?" (A nasty question if there ever was one!)
Netanyahu: "Are you sure that you want to start asking in that direction?"
Interviewer: (Falling into the trap) Why not?
Netanyahu: "Because in World War II more Germans were killed than British and Americans combined, but there is no doubt in anyone's mind that the war was caused by Germany 's aggression. And in response to the German blitz on London , the British wiped out the entire city of Dresden , burning to death more German civilians than the number of people killed in Hiroshima ... Moreover, I could remind you that in 1944, when the R.A.F. tried to bomb the Gestapo Headquarters in Copenhagen , some of the bombs missed their target and fell on a Danish children's hospital, killing 83 little children. Perhaps you have another question?"
Apparently, Benjamin Netanyahu gave another interview and was asked about Israel 's occupation of Arab lands. His response was, "It's our land". The reporter (CNN or the like) was stunned - read below "It's our land.." It's important information since we don't get fair and accurate reporting from the media and facts tend to get lost in the jumble of daily events.
On to the news:
Arms Shipments ‘Secretly’ Approved by Obama Admin. Ended Up in Hands of Islamic Militants
Congress Unanimously Bans U.N. Internet Regulation
Equal Treatment Under the Law(This could kill Affirmative Action!)
U.N. Telecom Standardization Body Approves ‘Deep Packet Inspection’ That Could Be ‘Extremely Privacy-Invasive’
Court to Obama: Not So Sure About Your Recess Appointments
FBI has access to emails of everybody in the country, says NSA whistleblower
The Great Pacific Panic Pacific Commander: U.S. declines support for Asian allies in sea disputes with increasingly aggressive China (Obama has thrown our allies under the China Bus!)
Bailout on the Brink Judge Set to Rule on Case that Could Reverse Auto Bailout
A little less than every five hours, somewhere around the world a Muslim is carrying out a fatal jihadist attack.
These are not the regular beatings and vandalism against Christians, Hindus and Buddhists but religion-oriented attacks in which someone dies at the hand of a member of the”religion of peace.”
A website called “The Religion of Peace” has listed more than 20,000 such fatal attacks since Sept. 11, 2001.
As of today, the total was 20,022. The 20,000th came a few days ago when a Jewish woman was cut in pieces in Iran by religious radicals “intent on expanding a mosque.”
Some 1,800 deadly Muslim terror attacks happen each year, amounting to about 150 a month and five a day.
The purpose of the website, according to operator Glen Roberts, a pseudonym, is to put the level of violence being inflicted by Muslims in perspective.
started watching [the Council on American-Islamic Relations] in the months
after 9/11,” said Roberts, “and I was astonished by the self-absorption. Each
day people are maimed and killed explicitly in the name of Islam while this
organization complains about headscarves and hurt feelings.
Morsi Refuses to Give Up His New Powers Amid Protests
Muslim Brotherhood inherits U.S. war gear
We must fight the infidels militarily until Caliphate restored
Michigan Republicans approve right to work amid protests (If Michigan can do right to work, there is hope to save the state and the Union.)
THUGS trying to intimidate Right to Work supporters at Michigan Capitol
Senator Mitch McConnell called the Senate’s bluff on Obama’s fiscal cliff proposal (Video)
Obama’s Dirty Little Tax Secret: He’s Already Raised Taxes on the Rich (CHART)
After Obama re-election, gun owners clinging to Second Amendment
Should You Be Concerned About the Country’s ‘Lowest Ever’ Birth Rate?
Calif. Teachers Union Releases Cartoon Video Featuring ‘The Rich’ Urinating on the Poor
Here’s the Point-by-Point Debunk of the ‘Facts’ in that Offensive Calif. Teachers’ Union Ad
Artist Allegedly Uses Jewish Holocaust Victims’ Ashes to Create Painting (Words cannot convey the disgust I have for such a thing as this.)
End of news from www.Need2No.US
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms." - James Madison
"By calling attention to 'a well regulated militia,' 'the security of the nation,' and the right of each citizen 'to keep and bear arms,' our founding fathers recognized the essentially civilian nature of our economy... The Second Amendment still remains an important declaration of our basic civilian-military relationships in which every citizen must be ready to participate in the defense of his country. For that reason I believe the Second Amendment will always be important." - John F. Kennedy
SELECTED WEBSITES OF INTEREST
NATIONAL ASSOCIATION of FORMER BORDER PATROL OFFICERS
SOUTHERN ARIZONA CATTLEMEN'S WEEKLY
HUMAN AND DRUG TRAFFIC LAW ENFORCEMENT MATTERS
NEWS AND DISCUSSION OF U.S./MEXICO BORDER ISSUES:
SELECTED BORDER NEWS & FAST AND FURIOUS POSTINGS ON SACPA WEBSITE
BORDER ISSUES: MEXICO
"One of the arguments that had been made against gun control was that an armed citizenry was the final bulwark against tyranny. My response had been that untrained, lightly-armed non-soldiers couldn't prevail against a modern army. I had concluded that the qualitative difference in firepower was such that all of the previous rules of guerilla war no longer applied. Both Vietnam and Afghanistan demonstrated that wasn't true. Repelling an armed invasion is not something that American citizens are likely to face, but the possibility of a despotic government coming to power is not wholly unthinkable. One of the sequellae of Vietnam was the rise of the Khmer Rouge and slaughter of perhaps a million Cambodian citizens. Those citizens, like the Jews in Germany or the Armenians in Turkey, were unarmed and thus utterly and completely defenseless against police and paramilitary. An armed minority was able to kill and terrorize unarmed victims with total impunity." – Paul Hagar
SUGGESTED READING - BORDER BOOK LIST:
NEW BOOK: ONE IF BY LAND by William R. Daniel (2012)
10 YEARS ON THE LINE: MY WAR ON THE BORDER: 2nd EDITION by Mike Ligon http://tinyurl.com/8evcncy
SIXTY MILES OF BORDER: AN AMERICAN LAWMAN BATTLES DRUGS ON THE MEXICAN BORDER by Terry Kirkpatrick
The SHADOW CATCHER: A U.S. AGENT INFILTRATES MEXICO'S DEADLY CRIME CARTELS by Hipolito Acosta
BOOK: Beneath the Same Sky: An Interview with Author David Ramirez http://tinyurl.com/8sxlanv
OTHER BOOKS TO CONSIDER:
Wolves At Our Door a novel by JPS Brown (http://www.jpsbrown-horseman.com/works.htm)
Hard Measures: How Aggressive CIA Actions After 9/11 Saved American Lives by Jose A. Rodriguez
The Devil We Know: Dealing with the New Iranian Superpower by Robert Baer
"Courting Disaster", How the CIA Kept America Safe (Regnery) by Marc Thiessen
NEW BOOK: No Easy Day by Mark Owen
2010 BOOK: Migra!: A History of the U.S. Border Patrol