Adding the following links to this Border News Watch:
BORDER NEWS WATCH 12_31_12
NEW YEAR !!
The words of some men are thrown forcibly against you and adhere like burrs. -Henry David Thoreau, naturalist and author (1817-1862)
To be removed from our mailing lists, simply REPLY to this message, type the word REMOVE, then SEND the message.
To be added to our mailing lists, simply REPLY to this message, type the word SUBSCRIBE, then SEND the message
Please feel free to forward this Border News Watch to those who care...
Scroll down to see news links from www.Need2No.US at the end of the “Current News” section...
FAST AND FURIOUS
Issa Praises House Rules Extending Fast and Furious Lawsuit
CENTER FOR IMMIGRATION STUDIES
ILLEGAL/LEGAL IMMIGRATION NEWS
INTERNATIONAL INTERDICTION of CONTRABAND
VIDEOS: NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC BORDER WARS
The NRA has a higher approval rating than Obama
MARS ROVER CURIOSITY
"If gun laws in fact worked, the sponsors of this type of legislation should have no difficulty drawing upon long lists of examples of crime rates reduced by such legislation. That they cannot do so after a century and a half of trying -- that they must sweep under the rug the southern attempts at gun control in the 1870-1910 period, the northeastern attempts in the 1920-1939 period, the attempts at both Federal and State levels in 1965-1976 -- establishes the repeated, complete and inevitable failure of gun laws to control serious crime." - Senator Orrin Hatch
"The problem is not the availability
of guns, it is the availability of morons."
- Antonio Meloni
"Those who deny me the freedom to carry a firearm with which to protect my family and myself, are as complicit and guilty as the perpetrator should we be harmed or murdered by an act of violence." - Charles F. "Chuck" Bearden
"The ruling class doesn't care about public safety. Having made it very difficult for States and localities to police themselves, having left ordinary citizens with no choice but to protect themselves as best they can, they now try to take our guns away. In fact they blame us and our guns for crime. This is so wrong that it cannot be an honest mistake." - Sen. Malcolm Wallop
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms." - James Madison
News links from www.Need2No.US:
This is what our “civilized” people are exposed to, day in and day out, on TV, games and at theatre near you. Demand A Plan. Hollywood has helped create a culture of death. That has to stop.
Wonder if this sort of graphic violence will continue to be spoon-fed to the masses (INCLUDING OUR CHILDREN) after all our guns are seized and responsible gun owners are powerless to protect themselves from others, including current or future tyrannical governments, out of control, at locations all over the world.
More good links:
Assault Weapons Ban 2013 – Also catch the comments below the video window.
From my cold, dead hands – A classic from the guy who parted the Red Sea
Feel free to forward this email, if you dare.
I sent out News of Import two days ago, the recent news, especially the
proposed weapons ban, is too important to not to send along now. As you
know, I went into detail about gun laws in the last News of Import, and despite
the progressive dream of a Utopian world, there are no perfect solutions.
Even if we took away every last gun on the face of the earth, mass
murders would still take place. The hard, cold fact is that if a person wants
to kill a group of people, he or she will do so. Susan Smith didn’t use a
gun to kill her children; she used her car and drove them into a lake.
Ted Kaczynski didn’t use guns to kill people; he made bombs in order to fill
his sick needs. The mass murdering Muslims of 9/11 didn’t use guns to
attack America; they drove our own airplanes into buildings. Drunk
drivers kill thousands of people per year, and I won’t even go into detail
about the fact that Planned Parenthood performs approximately one abortion
every 95 seconds. Even in China, where guns are banned entirely as is the case
in Japan, murders are through the roof as people kill with knives or other
means, with the last attack in China having a death toll of 22 kids slain
during one attack with a knife. In Los Angeles some women who were
sleeping were just set on fire.
In the 20th century 170 million people were annihilated by their own governments AFTER BEING DISARMED. GUN CONTROL has never been about guns. It is about CONTROL.
Yet here are the details of Diane Feinstein's new Assault Weapons ban: The idea of a US citizen having to register his/her firearms while being finger printed, along with a photo taken as a common felon is not only unconstitutional, it is in my opinion, repugnant.
Read for yourself in her own words: http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/assault-weapons
Expanded info from the NRA
· Adopts new lists of prohibited external features. For example, whereas the 1994 ban applied to a rifle or shotgun the “pistol grip” of which “protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon,” the new bill would drastically expand the definition to include any “grip . . . or any other characteristic that can function as a grip.” Also, the new bill adds “forward grip” to the list of prohibiting features for rifles, defining it as “a grip located forward of the trigger that functions as a pistol grip.” Read literally and in conjunction with the reduction from two features to one, the new language would apply to every detachable-magazine semi-automatic rifle. At a minimum, it would, for example, ban all models of the AR-15, even those developed for compliance with California’s highly restrictive ban.
· Carries hyperbole further than the 1994 ban. Feinstein’s 1994 ban listed “grenade launcher” as one of the prohibiting features for rifles. Her 2013 bill carries goes even further into the ridiculous, by also listing “rocket launcher.” Such devices are restricted under the National Firearms Act and, obviously, are not standard components of the firearms Feinstein wants to ban. Perhaps a subsequent Feinstein bill will add “nuclear bomb,” “particle beam weapon,” or something else equally far-fetched to the features list.
· Expands the definition of “assault weapon” by including:
· Three very popular rifles: The M1 Carbine (introduced in 1944 and for many years sold by the federal government to individuals involved in marksmanship competition), a model of the Ruger Mini-14, and most or all models of the SKS.
· Any “semiautomatic, centerfire, or rimfire rifle that has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds,” except for tubular-magazine .22s.
· Any “semiautomatic, centerfire, or rimfire rifle that has an overall length of less than 30 inches,” any “semiautomatic handgun with a fixed magazine that has the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds,” and any semi-automatic handgun that has a threaded barrel.
· Requires owners of existing “assault weapons” to register them with the federal government under the National Firearms Act (NFA). The NFA imposes a $200 tax per firearm, and requires an owner to submit photographs and fingerprints to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE), to inform the BATFE of the address where the firearm will be kept, and to obtain the BATFE’s permission to transport the firearm across state lines.
· Prohibits the transfer of “assault weapons.” Owners of other firearms, including those covered by the NFA, are permitted to sell them or pass them to heirs. However, under Feinstein’s new bill, “assault weapons” would remain with their current owners until their deaths, at which point they would be forfeited to the government.
· Prohibits the domestic manufacture and the importation of magazines that hold more than 10 rounds of ammunition. The 1994 ban allowed the importation of such magazines that were manufactured before the ban took effect. Whereas the 1994 ban protected gun owners from errant prosecution by making the government prove when a magazine was made, the new ban includes no such protection. The new ban also requires firearm dealers to certify the date of manufacture of any >10-round magazine sold, a virtually impossible task, given that virtually no magazines are stamped with their date of manufacture.
· Targets handguns in defiance of the Supreme Court. The Court ruled in District of Columbia v. Heller that the Second Amendment protects the right to have handguns for self-defense, in large part on the basis of the fact handguns are the type of firearm “overwhelmingly chosen by American society for that lawful purpose.” Semi-automatic pistols, which are the most popular handguns today, are designed to use detachable magazines, and the magazines “overwhelmingly chosen” by Americans for self-defense are those that hold more than 10 rounds. Additionally, Feinstein’s list of nearly 1,000 firearms exempted by name (see next paragraph) contains not a single handgun. Sen. Feinstein advocated banning handguns before being elected to the Senate, though she carried a handgun for her own personal protection.
· Contains a larger piece of window dressing than the 1994 ban. Whereas the 1994 ban included a list of approximately 600 rifles and shotguns exempted from the ban by name, the new bill’s list is increased to nearly 1,000 rifles and shotguns. Other than for the 11 detachable-magazine semi-automatic rifles and one other semi-automatic rifle included in the list, however, the list appears to be pointless, because a separate provision of the bill exempts “any firearm that is manually operated by bolt, pump, lever, or slide action.”
Sen. Feinstein's 'Assault Weapon' Ban is Really a Handgun Ban
Will Banning Guns Stop Homicides? Stats from England and Australia Show (In the UK handgun crime has doubled. When you cannot defend yourself, a dramatic rise is natural.)
New Jersey has some of the toughest gun laws on the book banning high capacity magazines, requiring all manner of regulation and yet we have this piece of news which just happened. yet
Three cops reportedly shot inside New Jersey police station (Video)
States, cities mulling own assault-weapon bans, amid doubt over federal action (I am glad I live in a red state with the right to bear arms as well as open and or conceal carry being in our state constitution.)
What is good for the goose is good for the gander!
Blogger Retaliates Against Paper That Published Gun Owner Addresses by Creating Interactive Map of Its Employees
Earth First Journal Assassination Hit List (The liberals have no problem exploiting the Sandy Hook shooting for their anti-gun agenda, yet environmentalist are ok to post an assassination list with names, addresses and phone numbers of would be victims.)
The Documentary that SHATTERS Gun Control Myths.
Education Secretary Arne Duncan: 'We Have Common Values That Go Far Beyond the Constitutional Right to Bear Arms' Quote from speech "those common values trump the rights set forth in the U.S. Constitution"
Another Person Pushed In Front of NYC Subway Train and Killed (Is NYC going to ban the subway as people are murdered this way or is just lawful citizens right to bear arms that they want?)
ICE Scraps 287(g) Program That Allowed Local Police to Enforce Immigration Law
Mexico Asks US Government to Halt Parts of Arizona's SB1070 Immigration Law
Many freed criminals avoid deportation, strike again The vast and secretive US prison system for immigrants, stymied when it tries to deport some criminals, has quietly released thousands, including killers, a Globe investigation shows.
This is an exceptional if older article; "The 2012 Index of Dependence on Government"
Another great article; "Taxmageddon: Massive Tax Increase Coming in 2013"
10 Facts on the Fiscal Cliff, Debt, and Spending
Able-Bodied People Defrauding Social Security Disability Program (This is what you get when you give 99 weeks of unemployment benefits and a welfare recipient gets more than a job worker in terms of cash outlay.)
Record 8.8 Million Receive Disability Benefits
Social Security Ran $47.8B Deficit in FY 2012; Disabled Workers Hit New Record in December: 8,827,795
Obama Has Long Been On Record In Favor Of Redistribution (This is a very good article)
Aetna CEO: Obamacare Could Double Insurance Premiums
From the liberals; Obamacare Could Double Health Care Premiums: Aetna CEO
'Jobless Workers' Getting More Taxpayer Money to Pay Their Health Insurance Premiums
Arizona Attorney General proposes arming school employees (The AZ story is there, but the video is on another gun topic)
200 Utah teachers to attend free gun training program
NRA announces “National School Shield”
Armed teachers, guards bolster school security in Israel
Jesse James' Defense of NRA, Gun Ownership Draws Facebook Praise (Always nice when a person in Hollywood is willing to take a risk and stand for the constitution.)
MSNBC host Toure: Murder can be morally justified
Ammo ban: Open Letter to BATFE Regarding Sporting Purpose Exemption
Ready to Face a Gunfight, Armed With a Slingshot?
EPA Administrator Lisa Jackson stepping down after tumultuous term
Attorney claims EPA chief resigned over alias email accounts
When you think of journalism, the far left Media Matters exists due to a new system of tax deduction.
Who Is Gabriel Sherman? How the New System of Tax-Deductible Lefty Journalism Threatens All of Us -- Part I & 2
Union Smear Machine Revs Up Labor-backed groups attack ALEC in new report
The Left’s Corporate Shakedown Anti-ALEC groups engage in extortion-like tactics to cripple conservative org
Wedding Vendor Opposed to Same Sex Marriage Shuts Down when state says he has no right to choose who he will give service to at his business.
Supreme Court Justice Refuses to Block Morning-After Pill Provision in Obamacare
Milestone: U.S. to Hit $16.4T Debt Limit Monday
I knew a lot of this, but this is a good beginning article on "Discussing Islam"
With the fiscal cliff, debt and a host of other things to talk about ABC's Barbara Walters talks about this " Obama: I Ran So I Could Have 'Men With Guns' Around My Daughters"
New Boss, Old Boss: Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood Prosecutes Opposition
Yasser Arafat’s widow admits Palestinian terror campaign in 2000 was premeditated
SELECTED WEBSITES OF INTEREST
NATIONAL ASSOCIATION of FORMER BORDER PATROL OFFICERS
SOUTHERN ARIZONA CATTLEMEN'S WEEKLY
HUMAN AND DRUG TRAFFIC LAW ENFORCEMENT MATTERS
NEWS AND DISCUSSION OF U.S./MEXICO BORDER ISSUES:
SELECTED BORDER NEWS & FAST AND FURIOUS POSTINGS ON SACPA WEBSITE
BORDER ISSUES: MEXICO
"By calling attention to 'a well regulated militia,' 'the security of the nation,' and the right of each citizen 'to keep and bear arms,' our founding fathers recognized the essentially civilian nature of our economy... The Second Amendment still remains an important declaration of our basic civilian-military relationships in which every citizen must be ready to participate in the defense of his country. For that reason I believe the Second Amendment will always be important." - John F. Kennedy
SUGGESTED READING - BORDER BOOK LIST (for your Christmas List ?):
ONE IF BY LAND by William R. Daniel (2012)
10 YEARS ON THE LINE: MY WAR ON THE BORDER: 2nd EDITION by Mike Ligon http://tinyurl.com/8evcncy
SIXTY MILES OF BORDER: AN AMERICAN LAWMAN BATTLES DRUGS ON THE MEXICAN BORDER by Terry Kirkpatrick
The SHADOW CATCHER: A U.S. AGENT INFILTRATES MEXICO'S DEADLY CRIME CARTELS by Hipolito Acosta
BOOK: Beneath the Same Sky: An Interview with Author David Ramirez http://tinyurl.com/8sxlanv
OTHER BOOKS TO CONSIDER:
The Art of Intelligence: Lessons from a Life in the CIA’s Clandestine Service by Henry A. Crumpton
Wolves At Our Door a novel by JPS Brown (http://www.jpsbrown-horseman.com/works.htm)
Hard Measures: How Aggressive CIA Actions After 9/11 Saved American Lives by Jose A. Rodriguez
The Devil We Know: Dealing with the New Iranian Superpower by Robert Baer
"Courting Disaster", How the CIA Kept America Safe (Regnery) by Marc Thiessen
NEW BOOK: No Easy Day by Mark Owen
2010 BOOK: Migra!: A History of the U.S. Border Patrol